Sunday 12 January 2014

NWR Editorial: First Thoughts on Tale of The Brave trailer

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT REFLECTED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

NWR EDITORIAL:
FIRST THOUGHT OF TALE OF THE BRAVE TRAILER


The second special by Arc Productions and the second written by Andrew Brenner. King of the Railway had proved successful last year with its writing and character development as well as S17 with some its classic series story lines (e.g- Bill or Ben? and Thomas' Shortcut) so how would hold up? 


The story so far seem to take place, possibly, at the China clay pits, since that Timothy's yellow lettering on his boiler does stand out 'SCC'. Meanwhile a monster is presumed by Percy, with the discovery of footprints. We then meet new characters such as Gator, Timothy, Reg, Marion. And we see some old favourites who make there debut in a DVD special such as Duck, Bill and Ben and of course: 

When I first saw the trailer, I was of course excited to see the GWR 14XX pannier tank engine in full CGI. This is the first time that Oliver is seen the series since season 12 in 2008. Looking at the design of the character, he looks very detailed. However I'm not expecting him to land a big role in the special, maybe minor. But he might have a role in S18 like Duck in the previous series. However despite his return, I'm expecting a great story rather then a character return. 


Looking at the new characters, Gator seems likeable and is voiced by Clive Mantle, who played Simon Horton in 'The Vicar of Dibley'. The voice sounds very good in my opinion. Some might say that his basis looks 'weird' or a 'mega Scruff'. He is however based on the Colombian Steam motor locomotive that happen to be built in Britain for Colombia. Despite that this is a trailer, the other characters look good as well, including Marion: 


When I first saw the book cover last year, I thought it was Ned from the Sodor Construction Crew. But I did have doubts about it and after looking at the basis I knew it can't possibly be him as it runs on rails. But the design for Marion looks excellent. 

In my final thoughts, the trailer had left me more impressed then KOTR's trailer that was seen back in January for the UK. The movie looks very promising and looks to be even better then King of The Railway, in my opinion. I remember some people were saying that at the time, 'Monster of Sodor' which it was originally called, was 'going to be bad', 'Percy and the Monster of Brendam the extended episode' etc. despite that people can judge, I think they need to give things a chance. We weren't impressed with KOTR at first and look how much it was praised with its writing, Railway series and classic series references. I may sound a bit harsh or aggressive here but I'm just stating that we shouldn't judge things quickly here. 

TALE OF THE BRAVE
COMING SOON TO HOME ENTERTAINMENT