Friday 25 December 2015

S19 Ep.7: Diesel's Ghostly Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2015!!

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

DIESEL'S GHOSTLY CHRISTMAS 
Written by
Becky Overton

Based on 'A Christmas Carol' by
Charles Dickens

Directed by
Don Spencer

Produced by
Jennifer Hill (Arc)
Ian McCue (HIT)

Air Date
25/12/15 - P1 & P2: AUS

Plot
Diesel is not a helpful engine on Christmas. He didn't help Thomas with his jobs, didn't push the flatbed for Salty and not helping Paxton back on the rails. So he was visited by three 'ghosts'.

PRO
-Moral: Be helpful
- The little detail 
- The references to 'A Christmas Carol'
- Classic series reference: Diesel Does it Again

CON:
- Kerry Shale's scream for Diesel almost sounds like Henry


For the first time we see a double length episode and a story based on the famous Charles Dickens classic, 'A Christmas Carol' which had endless amount of adaptations from the books to stage and film. This episode is really good and has a good teaching moral for kids about you can't be selfish during this time of the year and be helpful to others. I love the little detail Arc Productions had put in the episode such as Diesel's future with his eyebrows going grey. I like how we are seeing Diesel's character being more dimensional and not just being devious, sure he's the villain but as I said many times before, he's more of a boastful and selfish character rather then villain. Even if he were he would've wanted steam engines to be scrapped in the first place. If there's one con I have and that is Kerry Shale, I'm not a big fan of his voice work but I do love his Diesel voice but his scream for it sounds almost like Henry and at times his voice kind of switches to his voice too. There's not much else I can say about this episode. Although I did have the thought of the episode being based on my video I did in 2012, but I thought of it later as a coincidence.


Rating: 9.5/10

Episode Rating:
Who's Geoffrey - 9/10
The Truth About Toby - 6.5/10
Lost Property - 9/10
Henry Spots Trouble - 7/10
Snow Place Like Home - 7/10
A Cranky Christmas - 6/10
Diesel's Ghostly Christmas - 9.5/10

Series Rating (So far):
54/70