Monday 20 May 2013

S11 Ep.6: Gordon and The Engineer

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

GORDON AND THE ENGINEER
Written by
Paul Larson

Directed by
Steve Asquith 

Air Date:
5/09/07

Plot:
All the points were broken and Gordon was the only engine running as he has to take the engineer to the signal box. But trouble came when Gordon took the wrong passenger!

PRO:
- Railway smart material
- No three strikes

CON:
- N/A

I will say this. This episode to me is one of my all time favourites. This episode has no three strikes and railway smart material, though are a few flaws here and there but without that there can't be a story. The story also reminds me of the annual story 'A Problem For The Twins', which you can see an adaptation of that, this episode, on jivio's YouTube channel. It was also nice seeing Donald and Douglas back into the series for this episode as well and not using any other engine from the 'Steam Team' or any of the pointless merchandising characters. But I do know that character returns don't make the episode great, but they aren't my main focus here of why I like this episode.

The main focus is that this episode has some railway realism and that's what makes Thomas the Tank Engine a popular show, the books (The Railway Series) was found of railway realism. I'm glad to call this episode a favourite and it's certainly worth a watch. 

Rating: 5/5