Sunday 12 August 2012

S1 Ep.12: Thomas Goes Fishing

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINION AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THOMAS GOES FISHING

Adapted for Television by
Britt Allcroft, David Mitton & Robert Cardona

Originally Written by
The Rev.W.Awdry

Air Date:
12/10/84

Plot:
While running his branch line, Thomas looked over the bridge see people fishing and wished he could go fishing. But one day, the water tower at Elsbridge was out of order and so went to water at the river. But Thomas' safety valve went off in an alarming way and it turns out Thomas' wish came true.

PRO:
- The holes in the bucket were a nice touch

CON:
- N/A

Yeah, I know you're thinking. This is episode that this YouTube meme was born:

If this was in a new series kind of storytelling you'll hate this episode if Thomas was acting like an air-headed idiot. But thankfully it's not and its more entertaining. Thomas actually learn his lesson in this episode instead of learning his lesson and later on forgetting about it in the next episode. There was nothing wrong with this episode it was perfectly adapted and the work on the holes in the buckets was top notch. This episode I could watch again and again. But there is one flaw and that is safety valve. All engines have a safety valve on top near the whistle, if release a safety valve inside the cab if would be a problem for the crew in the cab. I didn't put that in my cons because I've put that up already in the 'Edward, Gordon and Henry' review.

This episode is worth watching again and I remembered last year or two years back I went to Dymocks and this episode was on as I was looking around the shop, two kids were watching it and I can tell they love the episode, goes to show you that classic Thomas is worth watching. 

Rating: 5/5