Monday 7 May 2012

S15 Ep: 7 Happy Hiro

THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINION 
AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

HAPPY HIRO
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan 
Produced by Nicole Stinn

Air Date:
9/3/11

Plot:
Hiro is feeling homesick, so Thomas tries to cheer him up by taking him to Misty Island.

PRO:
- The Japanese music at the beginning was great to hear at the beginning.
- It was great seeing Hiro interacting with Charlie and the Logging Locos. 
- I'm glad Hiro was not on the Shake-Shake Bridge, I'm glad the bridge wasn't there at all!
- The angles and visuals were amazing around Misty Island.

CON:
- If Hiro is homesick why can't he ask the Fat Controller to send him back to Japan.
- Charlie's table joke was the dumbest joke to hear. It was unfunny and uncreative. 
- Instead of calling it an island, why can't Hiro mention 'Japan', kids might want to know where he came from.
- 'I'm an old engine Thomas.' Again, the D53 class (Hiro) was built in the 1930's and the E2's (Thomas) was built in 1913, so therefore Thomas is an old engine.
- Thomas is once again the idiotic and air-headed engine of the day for not listen to Hiro.

I do like Hiro, I like the basis they chose for him, I like the name they gave him. But I hate Hiro's persona, all he just is now is a depressing engine who misses his homeland. If he is so depressed about it, why can't he asked the Fat Controller to let him go home? Well there is one reason why he has to stay on Sodor. Merchandise. Another thing I don't like is that there is no mention of 'Japan', he just calls it, his island. Kids might want to know where Hiro came from. Sodor has its name, why can't they mention Japan? They mention England and its capital, London in the Railway Series. 

The age issue of Thomas and Hiro since Hiro says he's an old engine to Thomas, that's been mentioned 100's of time so you know what the answer is already. Charlie, as much as I hate the character, I hate his stupid jokes like the 'table' one. However I do like the nice touch of the Japanese music at the beginning and how Hiro was interacting with the Logging Locos and Charlie. I know Hiro and Charlie were in 'Emily and Dash', but they were treated as background characters and by interacting, I mean meeting them for the first time. 

I do like The Logging Locos, sometimes I can have a problem with them, but I hate the Logging Station on Misty Island, I wish we see more on the island instead of the logging station. The visuals and angles when Hiro was showing around Thomas were amazing, if only there was more life on the island filled with towns, people and roads and I'm glad that the 'Shake-Shake Bridge' was not in the episode at all! However, this episode is bad thanks to its writing and lack of knowledge. 

Rating: 1/5