Thursday 12 April 2012

Book Recommendation: Thomas Story Time

THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THOMAS STORY TIME

Well, I've already did my first book recommendation page, which you can find here. Now I'll be talking about the brand new 'Thomas Story Time' book line that were published with five titles in January and upcoming ones will be released in April. These books are published by Egmont in the UK and replaced the 'Thomas Story Library' books. I've only bought three books which were 'Belle's New Friends', 'Thomas' Crazy Day' and 'Fire Engine Flynn'. 


The stories are similar towards the episodes, as most Thomas books are nowadays, as conducted by research from Egmont last year that children enjoy reading stories again and again. The writing is in big text and some words can be in bold lettering, something for children at the target age group during their learning to read. The pictures towards the books come from the episode itself, only in the book above, the title page has Edward's body with Thomas' face photoshopped on it.

I will be buying more of these later on as I do like collecting these books. The pictures are colourful and the writing is something good for children around the age of 3-5 when it comes to their reading lessons. I did collect books from the 'Thomas Story Library' from 2003, but grew out of it around 2007. I do buy them from time to time, but only when I'm interested in getting them.