Tuesday 21 February 2012

S16 Ep: 6 Flash, Bang, Wallop!

Well five episodes have passed and Australia are nearly halfway across Season 16. So far, here are my ratings from the first week of episodes:

Race To The Rescue:
4/5

Ol' Wheezy Wobbles:
2/5

Express Coming Through:
3/5

Percy and The Monster of Brendam:
3/5

Ho Ho Snowman:
1/5

So 'Race To The Rescue' is still my favourite from this season so far and now 'Ho Ho Snowman' have moved to the top of my least favourite episodes with 'Ol' Wheezy Wobbles' now in second place. While 'Percy and The Monster of Brendam' and 'Express Coming Through' are on my OK list. So now today's episode that I'll be reviewing is:

FLASH, BANG, WALLOP!
Written by Jessica Sandys Clarke
Directed by Greg Tirenan
Produced by Nicole Stinn

Air Date:
21/02/2012

Plot:
The engines on the Island of Sodor are excited! A photographer has arrived to take photographs for a brand-new book.


THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINIONS AND NOT 
FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

THESE CONTAIN SPOILERS


PROS:
- Real engines like a Beyer Garratt and 'City of Truro' were used in the book.
- The three strikes seem shorter.
- The crashes were interesting to see.
- The visuals and animation were amazing.
- Their are brake vans on every train.

CONS:
- Thomas' attitude of wanting to be in a photograph shows him in his selfish self.
- 'I had another camera, but it's at the docks', just wondering, why does everyone leave stuff behind at the docks? They could at least bring it with them just incase if anything goes wrong.


Yesterday's episode was a disappointment but this one brought me a good impression. Sure there was the three strikes formula again, but it seemed shorter without the rhyming and I liked it that it had some crashes at the end. I was really impressed that they've used real steam locomotives in the book that the Fat Controller was holding and with the Garratt locomotive, I know that Greg Tirenan liked to see one in the show as a character, as mentioned in an interview by SiF, and that will be interesting to see.

This episode left me a good impression and book covers were interesting to see and the books were almost in a similar style as a Railway Series book, but bigger and thicker. While I was watching the scene of Henry puffing under the bridge that was seen in episodes like 'Splish, Splash, Splosh', the setting reminds me of this:




Just saying, it's first time I noticed this with Henry 
going under it.


Here's a picture, of the same set, that every fan is familiar with.
(Thanks to ThomasPercyandToby2 fo pointing this out)



This episode is part of my favourites in the season.


And incase if you're wondering, no this episode was not written by Sharon Miller, it is written by Jessica Sandys Clarke and it definitely was a surprise to me.

Rating: 4/5


Tomorrow: Thomas and The Rubbish Train

Cheers ;)